The Qualsafe Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW) (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, specifically designed for those who are appointed to act as a first aider in their workplace. It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide first aid in voluntary and community activities.
On this comprehensive course learners will develop the skills required by a first aider in the modern workplace and will equip learners with the knowledge, skills and practical competencies to take charge and deal with an emergency effectively, with the emphasis on preventing situations from becoming worse and maintaining life until help arrives. Candidates will be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of a first aider.
HZL Specialist Solutions Ltd,
Unit 4 JSH,
Brian Clough Business Centre,
200-222 Cotton Lane,
* Speak to us about the in-house options available on this course.
Timings & Dates:
£200 + VAT (£240) per delegate.
In order to complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be 14 years of age at the start of the course.
- 3 day course incorporating theory and practical exercises
Assessment is an ongoing process throughout the course by using questions and answer sessions, 6 practical assessments and two multi choice question papers.
This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years. Candidates will need to retake the qualification before the certificate expiry date to remain qualified.
Candidates will develop the essential skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations from minor slips to the most serious of accidents.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Role and responsibility of the first aider, incident and casualty assessment, primary assessment, CPR and AED, unconscious casualty breathing normally, recovery position, management of seizure, choking casualty, external bleeding, shock and minor injuries.
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Respiratory system, hypoxia, chest injuries, asthma and hyperventilation, circulatory system, wounds and bleeding, eye injuries, shock, anaphylaxis, angina and heart attack, stroke, burns and scalds, poisonous substances, fractures, dislocation, sprains and strains, head and spinal injuries, secondary survey, epilepsy and diabetes.
Candidates successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications such as:
- Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Understanding Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF)