The QNUK Level 3 Certificate for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry (RQF) will comprehensively cover all the competencies required to deal with any given situation whilst also providing a valuable insight into the role of a CPO.
HZL offers close protection training for both service leavers and those operating within the private security industry who wish to become Close Protection Officers (CPO). CPO’s must be capable of operating in a diverse number of situations ranging from remote, hostile environments through to the corporate and executive world.
Timings & Dates:
17-19 May (Derby) (Fully Booked)
01-18 July (Derby)
Full Close Protection Course Cost: £2500 + VAT
Close Protection Top Up Training Course Cost: £300 + VAT
To complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age and able to undertake the responsibilities of a CPO
During the role as a CPO individuals may be required to communicate with the emergency services or need to communicate to resolve conflict. Therefore, individuals should as a minimum language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales, or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
Individuals must also be able to meet set health and physical requirements for the CPO practical elements of the course.
Individuals will also need to hold a minimum of a First Aid at Work (RQF) (3 day) qualification that has no less than 12 months validity prior to the start date of their CPO course.
This qualification is delivered over an intensive 18-day non-residential course at our UK centres, which offers fully equipped, modern classroom facilities and access to realistic outdoor scenario locations.
The course combines both theoretical and practical training with on-going assessment and culminates in two fully operational assessed exercises in the public domain.
Assessment is also carried out by externally set and internal assessed open response questions and practical tasks along with multi choice examination papers.
The course has been specifically developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and meets the criteria for those who wish to apply for an SIA licence to work as a Close Protection Operative. (*Please note that the SIA will charge for the licence application, and this is not included in the cost of the course).
Areas covered include:
- Principles pf Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (PSI)
- Working as a Close Protection Operative in the PSI
- Application of Conflict Management in the PSI
- Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor for Close Protection Operatives in the PSI
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the PSI
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the PSI
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills for CPOs in the PSI.
Candidates successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications such as:
- Highfield Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention within the Private Security Industry (RQF)