The QNUK Level 2 Award for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the Private Security Industry (RQF) course is designed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to give people a full understanding of the role within the security industry. The course covers everything from the legal aspects of CCTV monitoring to practical lessons on equipment and usage.
CCTV is the major growth area within the Security Industry with approximately 2.5 million CCTV cameras in the UK alone and is seen by many as the best system for deterrent and detection. However, it would be of limited use without well trained and qualified personnel operating and monitoring the system whilst also ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and Codes of Practice.
HZL Specialist Solutions Ltd,
Unit 4 JSH,
Brian Clough Business Centre,
200-222 Cotton Lane,
* Speak to us about the in-house options available on this course.
Timings & Dates:
£400 + VAT (£480.00) per delegate.
In order to complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Take an initial assessment of their literacy, mathematics and ICT skills.
This qualification is required by law for any individual who wishes to apply for a SIA licence to work as a CCTV operator.
(*Please note that the SIA will charge for the licence application and this is not included in the cost of the course. Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply for an SIA licence.)
- 4 day course
- Assessed by:
- Practical assessment
- Multiple-choice examination.
The rise in the use of CCTV cameras means that there are lots of employment opportunities once you have obtained a CCTV licence. This makes this Award the perfect course to start, or advance, your career in the private security industry.
- The main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understanding key legislation relevant to the CCTV operator
- The correct operations of CCTV equipment
- Emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Production and storage of evidence; and
- Code of practice and guidelines used by the CCTV operator.
Candidates successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications such as:
- Qualification Network UK (QNUK) Level 3 Award in Security Management (RQF)
- City and Guilds Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management (RQF)